Schedule Your Appointment Today! Call 630-474-9453.
Limited number of appointments available.
Ms. Eniko Fodor of the Longevity Center will be bringing the digital imaging equipment to our office special screenings. Images are then read and explained in a report by a trained Medical Doctor.
For more information about thermography and pricing, see our Thermography Flyer or contact our office or longevitythermography.com.
Mammography vs. Thermography Did You Know…?
- Did you know that mammography uses 600 times more radiation than a dental X-ray? (And 20-200 times more radiation than a chest X-ray?)
- In 2013 the guidelines for mammography were changed for most women to recommend starting at a later age and only getting checked every other year. These changes were made because of the high rate of false positives and the unnecessary stress and biopsies healthy women have endured.
Thermography (Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging) is painless, non-invasive, radiation-free imaging used for early detection and prevention. Thermography detects heat patterns and temperature differences in the surface of the body. It has the ability to detect pre-cancerous and cancerous changes and can be used for any part of the body.
Here are some quick facts on Thermography:
- Thermal imaging can detect early changes in (breast) tissue up to eight years before a mammogram!
- Thermal imaging is over 97% accurate in the early detection of breast cancer. (Compared to 80-85% accuracy for mammograms).
- Thermal imaging is a particularly great choice for women with dense or fibrocystic breasts, and for those who have had reconstructive surgery or mastectomy. (Mammography does not work for these types of women).
- Thermal imaging is FDA approved since 1982 (and recommended by the FDA as an adjunctive diagnostic screening tool).
- Thermography is safe, painless, and non-invasive!